Wuhan coronavirus (2019-nCoV infection) was firstly identified in Wuhan which is in China in 2019. There are thousands of confirmed cases in China, including cases outside Wuhan City. Coronaviruses are in a large group of viruses that typically affect the respiratory tract of humans. They are commonly present in animals and can infect humans(Zoonotic). Recently there has been an outbreak of this virus which has caused disease resembling pneumonia in humans. This infection has mild symptoms initially that can lead to serious health complications.
1. Sore Throat
2. Common Cold
3. Runny nose
5. Dry cough after 2 to 7 days
6. Body ache
9. Breathing difficulties and Shortness of breathe
10. Possible lesions on both lungs
12. Kidney failure
13. Kidney failure and even death
14. Severe acute respiratory syndrome
15. Gastrointestinal problems like diarrhea.
How does Coronavirus Spread?
1. Touching a contaminated object or surface
2. Coughing and sneezing
3. Close personal contact like touching or shaking hands
1. There is no specific treatment, most of all the time the symptoms will resolve on their own.
2. Please consult your Doctor.
How to reduce your risk:
1. Regular hand washing for at least 20 seconds.
2. Keep at least 1-meter distance from anyone suspected with symptoms.
3. Avoid touching your mouth, eyes or face without washing hands.
4. Avoid large gatherings and group as much as possible
5. Covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing.
6. Wear face masks
7. Thoroughly cooking meat and eggs prior to consumption.
8. Avoid contact with animals, birds and meat products.
9. Using a room humidifier or a hot shower can help with a sore throat or cough.
10. Drink plenty of fluids.
11. Take foods rich in Vitamin C like oranges and gooseberries.
12. Take adequate rest and sleep as much as possible.
13. Stay at home, Don’t go outside or school if you feel sick.
14. Keep yourself well hydrated.
15. Expose to the sun during morning and evening.
16. Sanitize and clean surfaces and objects
17. Consult your Doctor.
Travel Advice for Coronavirus
1. Avoid travel if you have a fever
2. Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
3. Cleanse hands with soap or hand sanitizer
4. When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue, throw the tissue away immediately and wash hands.
5. Wear a facemask
6. If you feel sick inform crew and seek medical care
Some people especially the very young, elderly, or people with a weakened immune system may develop a more serious infection, such as bronchitis or pneumonia. If you experience Flu-like symptoms or feel sick then consult a doctor immediately.
Watch the full video on What is Coronavirus?, Symptoms of Coronavirus and Coronavirus Treatment.